Supporting our Head of Communications and Head of Bidding and Digital, this busy, varied role is crucial in helping us to deliver our internal and external communications across the Practice and enhance our reputation in the industry. From creating and managing website and news content, through to events, awards submissions and internal communications initiatives, this fast paced role is a great opportunity to work with people at all levels across our 4 studios.
Day-to-day task and expectations
- Supporting our Head of Communications & Culture and Head of Bidding & Digital, you will assist with the delivery of all aspects of our internal and external communications across the Practice.
- Help create and deliver brilliant, creative and engaging campaigns and content that support our vision and help position us as one of the leading SMEs in our industry.
- Be responsible for website administration on a day to day basis including creating content, placing content, liaising with our digital agency, providing analytics and any necessary development and administration linked to the site.
- Source, produce, plan and identify opportunities to create engaging written content to place on our various channels so they are up to date, relevant and promote our work, projects and key issues in the built environment.
- Assist with planning and management of events across our Studios. These may include roundtables, studio drinks or events with partner organisations.
- Working in partnership with our People function, come up with ideas for internal communications initiatives and help to deliver them eg Away Days, awareness weeks. You will be responsible for co-ordinating the production of our quarterly internal newspaper, this will include writing content for it.
- Manage our client / collaborator database and assist with the implementation of a new CRM system. This will involve liasing and co-ordinating with teams in other studios to ensure it is kept up to date.
- Co-ordinate an awards calendar, identify awards opportunities and assist with drafting of awards submissions.
- Assist with the management of external partnerships, sponsorships contracts and agencies so that opportunities are maximised and strong, effective relationships are in place.
- Assist with any necessary marketing administration.
- Behaviour and Professional Commitment
- Attend workshops and webinars to enhance knowledge and to create opportunities to network
- Maintain an awareness of industry focus and national events
- Proactive and can-do attitude
- Adopt a collaborative approach
- Attend and participate in company presentations, including lunch and learn events
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years experience in fast paced communications environment working across all aspects of internal and external communications.
- Experience of creating engaging written communications for a variety of purposes from news stories to opinion pieces to website content.
- Experienced in creating and managing digital content / websites and possess a strong understanding of digital media and use of digital platforms.
- Social media channel management and understanding of SEO.
- Ability to spot news angles, interesting hooks and digest information quickly.
- Proven ability to work with people at all levels.
- Experience working in the built environment sector or a real interest in the issues affecting the industry.
- Experience of working on high profile events.
- Outstanding writing ability and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to build strong relationships with people at all levels in the organisation
- Professional and able to work with integrity
- Self starter with ability to be proactive, work on own initiative and prioritise workload