Structural Design Engineer
This is us!
We are looking for a talented and collaborative Structural Design Engineer who shares our purpose and desire to make a positive difference to the world around them. Sustainable design is at the heart of our Practice and collectively we can create inspirational designs that will protect our climate and enhance the built environment.
As a Structural Design Engineer you will join our friendly London Studio, bringing with you experience across a mix of sectors including residential, education, commercial, development and regeneration. Collaborative and helpful you will have the opportunity to work closely with high profile private and public-sector clients, influencing with your technical expertise and effective communication skills.
Leadership is an evolving skill that you will develop alongside your people management, business development and commercial abilities. Your people and solutions focus, communication and contractual awareness will continuing develop as you manage projects, working closely with Senior/Associate team members. Guiding, developing, and supporting a more junior team members, your skills in project resource planning and deadline management will be developed.
We are looking for a progressive and talented engineer who is keen to influence the people around them with the same understanding and empathy that they bring to their engineering. We hope you will share our strong interest in architecture and the wider public realm/built environment and play a key role in our ongoing practice and growth strategy.
Key Elements of the Job:
- Civil and Structural engineering design
- Preparing, presenting and checking drawings and calculations
- Briefing Technicians and Graduates on the above
- Attending site and project team meetings under the direction of a Senior Engineer/Associate
- Occasional visits to construction sites for survey/ inspection of works
- Internal reviews/ critiques
- Contributing to writing bids and fees proposals
- On project training
- Compliance with the duties of Designer under the CDM Regulations 2015
- Compliance with the Practice QMS.
Is this you?
Already on your chartership journey, you’ll be a creative thinker, passionate and enthusiastic to help grow and develop your career within our team. Your collaborative and helpful outlook will thrive within this innovative practice making a positive impact to the built environment.
More than just a rewarding experience!
Alongside an outstanding work environment, we offer:
- A market competitive salary (regularly reviewed, revised and updated)
- Flexible, Hybrid Working (Our Better Normal model of work can be as unique as you are!)
- Chartership support
Small steps to a great journey!
Curious to find out more? Then please contact us for a confidential chat with our team.
Send your CV or even just a small introduction to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you