Senior Structural Engineering Technician (Revit Expert)
We are looking for …
A talented and enthusiastic project based Senior Structural BIM / Revit Technician to work within our Glasgow Studio, working with the Directors of the Practice and a team of Civil, Structural and Transport Engineering Consultants.
The ideal candidate will be hands on and have a real passion for creating Structural BIM models and have experience of working within a similar type of engineering consultancy that operates within the built environment.
You will be collaborative and helpful and enjoy being part of a creative team that wants to make a positive impact to the built environment.
You will have:
- Previous design office experience
- HNC (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering
- Experience working closely with structural engineers, you will be able to demonstrate knowledge of structural detailing and development of the structural design
- Experience producing digital structural models and 2D layouts and details using Revit
- Experience using AutoCAD and Navisworks with knowledge of RC detailing desirable, but not essential
- Experience coordinating models and drawings with other design disciplines
Here’s what you can expect to be doing
- Producing Structural engineering BIM models, general arrangements and details using Revit
- Preparing and self-checking drawings. Taking responsibility for your work
- Liaising and reviewing production of information within a team of BIM Technicians and Engineers on a project-by project basis
- Coordination with the appointed Architect and other design team members
- Document transmital to external parties
- Occasional visits to construction sites for survey/ inspection of works under the direction of a senior engineer / associate
- Compliance with the duties of Designer under the CDM Regulations 2015
Who we are and what we do
Civic Engineers are a collaborative team made up of structural, civil and transport engineers, technicians and supporting experts, all with a passion and expertise in the design and delivery of high quality buildings and the spaces in between. We believe in the application of our engineering skills and knowledge to create better and more valuable places.
Ultimately, our wish is that our work has a positive impact on the environment, which enables people to lead healthier and happier lives, working within the sensible limitations of the natural environment; building not destroying, exploring not exploiting, reusing not just using, listening and learning, creating a lasting legacy.
We are passionate about our designs and the delivery of our projects, striving for excellence in all that we do.
Our award-winning practice is now 140+ strong, based across four city centre studios; Manchester, London, Leeds and Glasgow.
We’re looking for a team player, confident, with a positive attitude always willing to go that extra mile to ensure we deliver excellent solutions to our clients and collaborators.
In return you will benefit from a supportive, flexible and friendly team environment, opportunities to grow and develop with our mentoring scheme plus a competitive salary based on experience, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays, working from the studio and home, buy and sell holidays, contributory pension scheme, volunteering leave, paid study leave, health care cash plan and cycle to work scheme.
Curious to find out more?
Email your covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org