Senior Structural Engineer
This is us!
We are looking for a talented and collaborative Senior Structural Engineer who shares our purpose and desire to make a positive difference to the world around them. Sustainable design is at the heart of our Practice and collectively we can create inspirational designs that will protect our climate and enhance the built environment.
As a Senior Structural Engineer, you will join our friendly Manchester Studio, bringing with you experience across a mix of sectors including residential, education, commercial, development and regeneration. Collaborative and helpful you will have the opportunity to work closely with high profile private and public-sector clients, influencing with your technical expertise and effective communication skills.
Leadership is an evolving skill that you will develop alongside your people management, business development and commercial abilities. Your people and solutions focus, communication and contractual awareness will be demonstrable through past projects. Guiding, developing, and supporting a team of value driven engineers, your skills in project resource planning and deadline management will be fully engaged and developed.
We are looking for a progressive and talented engineer who is keen to influence the people around them with the same understanding and empathy that they bring to their engineering. We hope you will share our strong interest in architecture and the wider public realm/built environment and play a key role in our ongoing practice and growth strategy.
Key Elements of the Job:
- Civil and Structural engineering design
- Preparing and checking drawings and calculations
- Briefing Engineers and Technicians on the above
- Attending site and project team meetings
- Occasional visits to construction sites for survey/ inspection of works
- Internal reviews/ critiques
- On project training
- Assistance to Directors
- Technical report writing
- Project resource planning and deadline management
- Specification writing
- Compliance with the duties of Designer under the CDM Regulations 2015
- Compliance with the Practice QMS.
Is this you?
Chartered, you’ll be a creative thinker, passionate and enthusiastic to help grow and develop your team. Your collaborative and helpful outlook will thrive within this innovative practice making a positive impact to the built environment.
More than just a rewarding experience!
Alongside an outstanding work environment, we offer:
- A market competitive salary (regularly reviewed, revised and updated)
- Flexible, Hybrid Working (Our Better Normal model of work can be as unique as you are!)
Small steps to a great journey!
Curious to find out more then please contact us for a confidential chat with our team. Send your CV or even just a small introduction to us at email@example.com and we will get back to you.