Senior or Associate Engineer Structures (Glasgow)
Position: Senior or Associate Engineer (Structures)
Location: Glasgow Studio
This is us!
We are looking for someone who shares our purpose and desire to help their community. Here, together facing the challenges of an uncertain climate, you can help equip the places and spaces we share, with the designs to survive and thrive.
As a Senior or Associate level Structural Engineer, you will join our Glasgow Studio, bringing with you experience across sectors.
You will thrive in the delivery of a variety of interesting and inspiring building projects throughout the UK, across a range of sectors including residential, education and commercial development and regeneration. You will flourish alongside industry experts in collaboration with high profile private and public-sector clients.
Leadership is an evolving skill that you will develop alongside your people management, business development and commercial abilities. Your people and solutions focus, communication and contractual awareness will be demonstrable through past projects. Guiding, developing and supporting a team of value driven engineers, your skills in project resource planning and deadline management will be fully engaged and developed.
We are looking for a progressive and talented engineer who is keen to influence the people around them with the same understanding and empathy that they bring to their engineering. We hope you will share our strong interest in architecture and the wider public realm/built environment and play an important role in our ongoing practice and growth strategy.
Key Elements of the Job:
- Civil and Structural engineering design
- Preparing and checking drawings and calculations
- Briefing Engineers and Technicians on the above
- Attending site and project team meetings
- Occasional visits to construction sites for survey/ inspection of works
- Internal reviews/ critiques
- On project training
- Assistance to Associates/ Directors
- Technical report writing
- Project resource planning and deadline management
- Specification writing
- Compliance with the duties of Designer under the CDM Regulations 2015
- Compliance with the Practice QMS.
Is this you?
Chartered, or near chartered, you’ll be a creative thinker, passionate and enthusiastic to help grow and develop your team. Your collaborative and helpful outlook will thrive within this innovative practice making a positive impact to the built environment
More than just a rewarding experience!
Alongside an outstanding work environment, we offer:
- A market competitive salary (regularly reviewed, revised and updated)
- Flexible, Hybrid Working (Our Better Normal model of work can be as unique as you are!)
Small steps to a great journey!
If this opportunity interests you please contact us for a confidential chat with our team. Send your CV or even just a small introduction to us at email@example.com and we will get back to you.