Senior Structural Revit Technician
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic project based Senior Structural Revit Technician to work within our Glasgow Studio, working with the Directors of the Practice and a team of Civil, Structural and Transport Engineering Consultants.
The ideal candidate will be hands on and have a real passion for creating Structural BIM models and have experience of working within a similar type of engineering consultancy that operates within the built environment.
You will be collaborative and helpful and enjoy being part of a creative team that wants to make a positive impact to the built environment. You will have:
- Minimum 6 years design office experience
- HNC (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering
- Experience working closely with structural engineers, you will be able to demonstrate knowledge of structural detailing to aid clash detection and development of the structural design
- Experience producing 3D structural models and 2D layouts and details using Revit
- Experience producing 2D structural layouts and details using AutoCAD
- Experience coordinating models and drawings with other design disciplines
- Experience RC detailing is desirable, but not required
Here’s what you can expect to be doing:
- Producing Civil and/or Structural engineering BIM models, general arrangements and details using Revit and/or AutoCAD
- Preparing and self-checking drawings. Taking responsibility for your work
- Liaising and reviewing production of information with Engineers on a project-by project basis
- Coordination with the appointed Architect and other design team members
- Document transmital to external parties
- Occasional visits to construction sites for survey/ inspection of works under the direction of a senior engineer / associate
- Compliance with the duties of Designer under the CDM Regulations 2015
We’re looking for a team player, confident, with a positive attitude always willing to go that extra mile to ensure we deliver excellent solutions to our clients and collaborators.