Summer Intern 2024
“I am an engineer who inspires people
I am an engineer who sketches, who cares about the planet
I am an engineer who shares my knowledge with my team, and uses creativity to solve problems”
What kind of engineer are you?
Be a Civic Engineer!
We are looking for talented and motivated Undergraduate Engineers to join us in our Manchester, London, Leeds and Glasgow Studios, for a period of 6-8 weeks over Summer 2024.
We have opportunities for Structural, Civil, Geotechnical and Transport Graduates.
You will contribute to the engineering of a wide variety of inspirational and complex projects across the UK, covering towns, cities and the public realm, and in the urban and natural environment. You will have a positive impact on the environment, and help to unlock the power of place and community. You will have the opportunity to work alongside a wide range of industry experts, and high-profile private and public-sector clients and collaborators.
You will be curious, collaborative, helpful, ingenious and passionate about engineering and the built environment. You will develop with the following responsibilities:
- Engineering design and evaluation
- Assessing problems using qualitative and quantitative measures
- Contributing to high quality written reports on a range of projects
- Preparation of technical data and drawings
- Use of industry standard analysis software
- Preparation for and participation in Internal Reviews
- Compliance with the CDM Regulations 2015
- Compliance with the practice QMS
- Knowledge of the project; outputs required, deadlines, liaising with the project team, feeding any matters arising back to the senior team
- Briefing Technicians in the production of drawings and models
- Telephone and email contact with clients and collaborators
- Attending site and project team meetings under the direction of a Senior Engineer/Associate
Who We Are and What We Do
Our aim is to create and revitalise spaces, structures and neighbourhoods so communities can flourish and thrive. Founded in 2013, we work across major building and placemaking projects nationwide, from Leeds Climate Innovation District and Altrincham public realm to central London retrofit projects and the transformational Glasgow Avenues project. Our engineers harness art and science to create inspirational structures and places that have a positive impact on the environment and enable people to lead healthier and happier lives.
We are a dedicated equal opportunities employer, committed to upholding the principles of equality, fairness, and respect for all individuals within our Practice. We are passionate
about fostering a workplace that is not only inclusive, but also welcoming, an environment where every person can be their authentic selves and thrive together. We actively encourage suitably qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, unique cultures, varied ethnicities, all age ranges, different sexual orientations, genders, and disabilities to join us on this journey. Our aim is to cultivate a team that represents society, recognising the value and contributions that each individual brings.
Our award-winning practice is now 150-strong, based across city centre studios; Manchester, London, Leeds Glasgow, Edinburgh and Liverpool.
Curious to find out more?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so we can get to know you!