Benefits of presenting a stand session at MIPIM
Our attendance at MIPIM this year was a real success. One of the main reasons for this was the chance for one of our Founding Director’s, Stephen O’Malley, to speak on the Manchester stand to debate ‘Delivering Healthy Cities.’ Following our stand session, the team at Marketing Manchester asked us if we would share our experience of the benefits taking part in a stand session can bring. Here are our thoughts and you can see the original article here http://manchesteratmipim.com/blog/the-benefits-of-presenting-a-stand-session-at-mipim-civic-engineers
We have attended MIPIM as part of the Manchester delegation ever since the early 2000’s. We have played an active part in the Manchester at MIPIM experience to help support the City, showcase the work of the Practice and contribute to the City’s promotion on an international stage. There is no doubt though that securing a speaking opportunity on the Manchester stand in 2017 helped ensure that this was, without doubt, our most successful MIPIM to date.
We submitted our idea for a stand session to debate ‘Delivering Healthy Cities’ to the team at Marketing Manchester early in 2017. We were keen to lead and shape the agenda to discuss how we can truly deliver healthy cities and how this might be achieved in Manchester, learning from best practice in other European cities. MIPIM offered an ideal platform for us due to its profile, the calibre of the attendees and the wide-ranging nature of the discussions that take place over the 3 days.
Pre-MIPIM and during MIPIM – our stand session helped us raise our profile by;
- It gave us a real focus and was a talking point before and during MIPIM with new and existing contacts
- It gave us an opportunity to showcase our expertise and our way of thinking on an international platform
- It placed us at the heart of the conversations about the future of Manchester and what is possible
- It ensured we used our social media channels to full effect, particularly during the session itself
Post-MIPIM – our stand session formed the basis of our follow up to key contacts we met whilst in Cannes. We sent out our marketing material to over 80 key contacts. Many of these contacts we have since had meetings with and some we are now working with. We also followed up by promoting the session when the video was placed online through our social media channels, website and our external newsletter.
- Our twitter impressions were up 143.7% to 32.9k
- Our twitter profile visits were up 140.6% to 5727
- Our twitter mentions increase by 1500%
- Over 100 new contacts were added to our database
- 80 sets of marketing material were sent out
- LinkedIN posts received over 1200 views, majority from second degree networks