Principal/Associate Flood Modeller
This is us!
As a Principal Flood Modeller, you will be a key figure within Civic Engineers Glasgow Water Team, your remit will cover a range of technical, management and commercial/client-facing activities. You will be part of a growing team of flood modellers and flood risk practitioners working on projects throughout Scotland, England and Ireland.
Leadership is an evolving skill that you will develop alongside your people management, business development and commercial abilities. Your people and solutions focus, communication and contractual awareness will be demonstrable through past projects. Guiding, developing, and supporting a team of value driven engineers, your skills in project resource planning and deadline management will be fully engaged and developed.
We are looking for a progressive and talented engineer who is keen to influence the people around them with the same understanding and empathy that they bring to their engineering. We hope you will share our strong interest in architecture and the wider public realm/built environment and play a key role in our ongoing practice and growth strategy.
Key Elements of the Job:
You will have particular responsibility for:
- Leading the delivery of flood Risk Assessments, Hydrological Assessments and Drainage Strategies.
- Contributing to the effective design of flood alleviation schemes
- Managing projects and maintaining client relationships
- Assisting with winning work and the development of new business within the flooding sector
- Providing technical guidance, support and training to junior colleagues and assisting, where practicable, in the mentoring and development of others
- You will get the opportunity to work on interesting and varied flood, coastal and maritime projects for our clients including Local Authorities and private developers across Scotland, England & Ireland.
- Supports our clients to manage water, flooding and the coastal environment in a sustainable and innovative way.
- Co-ordinates, quality assures and leads the delivery of Flood Risk Assessments, Surface Water Management Plans and hydrological assessments.
- Supervises and mentors junior staff, managing small teams of staff on a project and supervisory basis
Is this you?
A chartered engineer (with the ICE or CIWEM) with over 7 years of proven experience of 1D-2D modelling using Infoworks ICM or Flood Modeller, you’ll be a creative thinker, passionate and enthusiastic to help grow and develop your team. Your collaborative and helpful outlook will thrive within this innovative practice making a positive impact to the built environment.
More than just a rewarding experience!
Alongside an outstanding work environment, we offer:
- A market competitive salary (regularly reviewed, revised and updated)
- Flexible, Hybrid Working (Our Better Normal model of work can be as unique as you are!)
Small steps to a great journey!
Curious to find out more? Then please contact us for a confidential chat with our team.
Send your CV or even just a small introduction to us at email@example.com and we will get back to you.